Sunday, March 8, 2009

Adventures at the St. Louis Zoo

Today LoriAnn and I went to the St. Louis Zoo. It was a beautiful day and I found out that it's okay to be adventurous. I climbed into a spider's web, learned about insects, reptiles and amphibians and even saw some penguins up close. The strange thing is that at first I thought bugs were gross, but the more LoriAnn told me about them and the more different kinds of bugs we saw in the Insectarium, the more facinated I became. I think I really like bugs. When we got home I helped LoriAnn's mom cut out some bug themed PJ's for me. We won't have time to finish them before I leave, but LoriAnn's mom said as soon as they were done she'd send them to my next host or home to my mom. Everything was just great until all of a sudden I heard this loud siren and the docent told us we needed to get inside a building--we were under a tornado watch! LoriAnn and I ran into the nearest building. It just happened to be the Herpitarium. Well, if bugs are okay then I guess snakes and lizards must be okay too.

Click here to see the scrapbook pages from my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment